Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Manga

Ranma 1/2
     I’ve read manga as far back as middle school so whenever I started reading Ranma 1/2 the weirdness and obscured plot of the story just seemed normal. At first I was thinking, “Really? All these little ponds where different things drowned in just happened to be right next to each other?” But after the introduction of the characters and backstory I couldn’t put down the story. I ended up reading the first three volumes in one night and if I wasn’t short on time I would’ve continued to read the other volumes. What really grabs me about Ranma and other mangas in general is the art style. While it simplifies characters down to very few identifying details, uses that in order to excel in expressions in order to bring out the personalities of the characters. The same goes to the character’s actions. With fewer details it’s easier for the characters to breath in a sense and let them move around easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment